Kayakoy is a well-known village in the district of Fethiye, Mugla.
Kayaköy from each other consist of two very different residential areas. The first of these; the location is also important for tourism in the 19th century established at the beginning, but based on the slope and the relatively recent settlement, in the late Ottoman period, all Greeks, reached a 3000 population size of town is the village as old name Levissi or Karmylassos. Fethiye houses Earthquake of 1957 has turned into ruins, though the tourists with live museum that has attracted great interest. Old Kayakoy ’is currently available about 40 households. There are fourteen chapels and small churches with great among visitable places in Kayakoy. There is also a pottery workshop next to the small church (Çömlekh valve) are. Small church only way to walk to the sea or Cold Water transport is possible that sheep can be reached in about forty minutes. The second settlement, due to the inability of Population Exchange of 1923 Turkey-Greece of Western Thrace Turks, which is settled in Kayakoy pace of infrastructure here, that immigrants are more established in large parts of the plains.
Discussions on the assessment more efficient in terms of tourist attractions of the Old Kayakoy is ongoing.
The founder of the Republic and Atatürk’s close colleague newspaper Yunus Nadi Abalıoğlu (Nadi dolphins Abalızade) When the family came here in 1880, was born in Kayakoy springs.